Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm really wanting to upgrade from the Netgear 7550 that Frontier provides for their Interweb service. I personally don't think it's all that good of a Modem/Router, I mean how ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Got my DSL Modem/Wifi Router choices narrowed down to these two.

I'm really wanting to upgrade from the Netgear 7550 that Frontier provides for their Interweb service. I personally don't think it's all that good of a Modem/Router, I mean how good could it be if it's only $10 bucks from Frontier.
    Anyway, I've narrowed it down to two choices and need to know if anyone has any experience with either one or can look at the specs and see which would be the best "bang for the buck".
    The first one I'd buy used so it'd be in my price range.
    Amazon.com: Linksys X2000 Wireless-N Router with ADSL2+ Modem: Electronics

This second one I could get new:
    http://www.amazon.com/Kasda-KW58283A...FWiFi+n+Router

There are a few more that I've looked at but the two of these seem to have the best features. Just don't want anything with a hidden backdoor in it for hackers to mess with or anything that's junk since I already have junk in the Netgear 7550, LOL. Anyway, thanks for any help you can give.
    No matter where ya' go, there ya' are.

Someone on the Manjaro forum pointed me to this over at Ebay.
    300Mbps Wireless N ADSL2 Modem Router TP Link TD W8960N 6935364060343 | eBay

Price is good, seems to be a pretty decent Modem/Router, has to be better than the junk I have now. I think I'll pull the trigger on this one unless anyone knows anything negative about it like the Backdoors that were in the Linksys routers that I read about.

P.S.
    Ok, tired of thinking about this subject. Just pulled the trigger on the TP-Link Modem/Router. Can't be any worse then what I've got and with external antennas it's bound to be a lot better.
    No matter where ya' go, there ya' are.