Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Problem with WiFi (hardware disabled)

I am using Asus aspair one,and I recently installed kali Linux 2 OS on my laptop.now the problem with the laptop is that when I press fn+f3 my laptop wifi gose off or it shows WiFi hardware is disabled.I tried (rfkill unblock all) everythink was unblocked but still no luck,I tried ifconfig wlan0 up still no luck I have tried every single way to get my laptop back up but nothing would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiecreeper97 View Post
    when I press fn+f3 my laptop wifi gose off or it shows WiFi hardware is disabled
    Don't press fn+F3?

Most laptops have a key combo toggle to shut off WiFi and you press it again to turn it on.

Nobody here uses Kali so I suggest you go to their forum for more help...

Linux Guru
    Zombiecreeper97 - so, you're 18 years old and you like creepy movies.
    why do you want to use Kali Linux? Why did you even install it, since it says on Kali Linux website/documentation) that that is not the way Kali is intended to be used?
    on those very same pages you will find prominent reminders that wifi is turned OFF by default (this has nothing to do with your wifi keyboard switch or rfkill).
    i could just give you a link to the kali web pages, but i won't. it will be your very first task to find the documentationi'm talking about and read it and understand it, before you overthrow our current world order and assume global domination with your almighty powerful kali.

furthermore, just the other day on these very forums another clueless kali linux user asked virtually the same question.

so, search, the web, the forums.
    try to be a little subversive by not using google, but rather duckduckgo or ixquick.

maybe one day you'll be just as good as mr robot.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by nihili View Post
    another clueless kali linux user
    I like this and may borrow it in the future...

Linux Guru
    -->
    Quote Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
    I like this and may borrow it in the future...
    be my guest.