Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Wifi working at stsrt up but them stops

i just installed linux mint 18 on a new intel nuc6i7kyk my wireless network is connected and works when i first start the machine. after a few minuets is stops working but is still connected. i have changed my router settings to wpa2-aes and fixed the channel to 6 then tried 11. i them updated the bios. i am still having the same issue. i am not the most computer savvy person and i am new to linux please help.

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by snelequip View Post
    i just installed linux mint 18 on a new intel nuc6i7kyk
    this one i assume.

i have changed my router settings to wpa2-aes and fixed the channel to 6 then tried 11. i them updated the bios.
    what made you think all these steps would help?

anyhow, please provide the output requested here.
    post it as text, between code tags, including the commands themselves.

that is the correct machine. I thought i might have a hard ware issue so i did a google search of my problem for the intel nuc and found a forum suggesting this would fix the issue. however it didn't with my machine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    -->
    few things...
    - the review i found is from may, your kernel (uname command) is from april. you MIGHT neeed a newer kernel.

- some of the commands didn't come through correctly. please try again; why don't you just copy-paste them? you can also just copy-paste the results, makes it easier to look at & comment on for others. a screenshot is counterproductive.

- what's with intel-microcode? did you update your system properly, the way it is to be done on mint? please also check out https://forums.linuxmint.com/.