Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Well i finally got it working, apparently theres an infamous broadcom bcm43xx driver problem with linux, like you have to blacklist the driver that mepis came with then its a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Well i finally got it working, apparently theres an infamous broadcom bcm43xx driver problem with linux, like you have to blacklist the driver that mepis came with then its a piece of cake, so long story short for future reference anyone who has a broadcom bcm43xx driver the only way theyre gonna get it to work is to blacklist the driver that linux came with. The only problem im having now is it doesnt seem to be saving my password for my essid so i keep having to enter it when i boot up. But anyway thanks to all for their help im really startin to like mepis.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by joelwastaken
    ... so long story short for future reference anyone who has a broadcom bcm43xx driver the only way theyre gonna get it to work is to blacklist the driver that linux came with. The only problem im having now is it doesnt seem to be saving my password for my essid so i keep having to enter it when i boot up. .....
    I'm at the point (just installed Mepis 6.0 from the CD ) where I need to blacklist the driver. Can the driver just be removed via the terminal, or have I missed something here and blacklisting is a special command?

I still have a .sys file for the card on my desktop. Is it supposed to be installed somewhere?

Last, I haven't been able to get the card to report on wlan0 instead of eth0. On my original version of Mepis (pre 3.6) I had a network setup screen where I could start and stop eth1 or wlan0 networking. That option doesn't seem to show up. Is there something I need to load? It seems logical there must be some way to enter the ESSID on a set up screen, but that seems to be missing as well.

FYI For those needing the Microcrap installation CD for the MN-720, try here:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=33104
    A lot of people seem to be looking for it, and it's really buried. If I didn't have the original installation CD to point me there, I doubt I'd have ever found it.

Just Joined!
    I've just started using MEPIS - installed for my son, and am pretty chuffed at getting wireless to work using a Belkin FSD7050 or F5D7050 (cant quite read the character) USB dongle. If you haven't already found it, the utility you are referring to is there, though it is a bit buried. I found it under system, MEPIS utilities, network.
    Good luck,
    K

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2