Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Hi all, Well we are almost there. After Oxygen help me grow a brain I managed to get the driver installed and following the excellent tutorial in the How Tos ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Almost there...

Hi all,

Well we are almost there. After Oxygen help me grow a brain I managed to get the driver installed and following the excellent tutorial in the How Tos section I actually got my system to connect once to the wireless lan. I check on my server and it definately gave out an IP address but the 1st time I then browsed to the Internet it immediately disconnected.

This has happened a lot with my Linux installations. I am not using security and just wondering whether there could be anything that would help me here. The bizarre thing is that the Network Manager can see the network and has a massive signal but then doesn't connect.

It is also possible that my network is naff!

Thanks for the help thus far.

Alan

Just Joined!

Wink Be carefull

I think I also had a similar error which was due to incorrect file names. I also recommend navigating to the folder that your driver is in and running ndiswrapper from there to avoid further errors in the terminal window due to syntax.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2