Find the answer to your Linux question:
So I needed a different 1CD linux distro that worked for me after trying ubuntu (good OS, just, bad support for my wireless..errr.. thing - it gives crashes (NETGEAR WG111v2)). ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

a bit of a BLAG problem..

So I needed a different 1CD linux distro that worked for me after trying ubuntu (good OS, just, bad support for my wireless..errr.. thing - it gives crashes (NETGEAR WG111v2)).

So after trying that AWFUL vector linux i've installed BLAG. All is great except;
    I can't install ndiswrapper to support my wirless thing as it needs an internet connection to install even with yum install <file>.rpm
    But also, I can't use the make command to compile my official drivers nor ndiswrapper.

So yeah, i'm stuck offline on my PC. Anyone knlow how I can get ndiswrapper installed with no internet connections?

Thanks,
    Alex

Well, the .rpm is the way to go, I think the command is something along the lines of rpm -i "name of package". Check rpm's man page (by doing 'man rpm') to find out all of the options. Also, you have to be root and in the same location as the package (or you have to specify the path to the package, so for instance 'rpm -i /home/me/stuff/package.rpm').

Just Joined!

...me too

I just installed a fedora core distribution, 6 i think, and dont have an internet connection besides my windows laptop. In trying to install ndiswrapper, i have to either get an rpm or compile it by source using a source of the kernel, but i am not sure how to compile the kernel nor do I have the software to compile the kernel, and I can't download the software with the linux distro.

*breath*

Does anyone know if your can download software via windows and transfer it via usb drive to the linux and install it there without internet or kernel source?

Yup, download the .rpm and install it with the command I gave in my earlier post.