Find the answer to your Linux question:
Got a problem Well i recently switched from mandriva one to mandriva free the 4 cd one(both one and 4 cd's were 2007) ah my machine is i686 but the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Atheros AR5213 Driver Problem again

Got a problem

Well i recently switched from mandriva one to mandriva free the 4 cd one(both one and 4 cd's were 2007) ah my machine is i686 but the mandriva i downloaded was i686, now my problem is my driver wont work, i had it working on mandriva one 2.6.17-5mdvlegacy i believe, but then i was missing alotta of terminal such make would not work etc, so i switched to mandriva free (4 cd's), the version is 2.6.17-5mdv and now i was using the same driver that worked wit one, and now on free but it does not work, do i have to find a new driver for this version? i have been searching but i can not find one, any help would be aprreciated? ahh the driver for mandriva one was .rpm --- my wireless card is d-link DWL G520 Airplus xtreme g, atheros chipset AR5213 802.11a/b/g

Just Joined!
    kk, so now i tried to install it not using an rpm, and now i get the msg after i untar it then i use the make command it says
    /lib/modules/2.6.17-5mdv/build is missing set kernalpath stop, something like that, /lib/modules/2.6.17-5mdv/build is missing,
    soooooooooooooooooo i dunno what to do now? anyhelp please?

Just Joined!
    so, now i went to the madwifi website, and did what they said to, log in as root, then create the file i did, but it said the file already exists, which it does, so when i go back to the make command it still say this is missing?
    help is required?

Just Joined!
    nvm got it working needed a new .rpm, damn why does linux have all these files missing, ah well......

I had troubles with Mandriva and the madwifi driver.
    I was told it was in the Mandriva club, but not being able to access the net, made it kind of useless.
    With pclinuxos, my Atheros card worked out of the box with the madwifi driver.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ