Find the answer to your Linux question:
hey im a noob to linux and the forums and i was wondering if anyone could possibly help me out... i jjust installed fedora and i have a d-link wireless ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Need help with D-LINK wireless

hey im a noob to linux and the forums and i was wondering if anyone could possibly help me out...

i jjust installed fedora and i have a d-link wireless nic was wondering how i can install it

i use a d-link router for wifi internet and a wep key, but no where in the isntallation of the nic card was a place for the wep key

any help would be awesome thanks!

Hi Ryudo and welcome!

This is an 802.11b device? If so, for some reason RedHat based distros sometimes will configure 'b' wireless cards as regular ethernet cards, thus not giving you a choice of configuring the wep key, essid, etc.. The way around it is to open system-config-network and delete the entry for your card, then click of the hardware tab and start over configuring your card as a wireless device. If your driver isn't present in the list, delete everything, and reboot. Let kudzu re-find your device and install the driver for it and try again. If that doesn't work, you may have to configure "by hand" which isn't too hard. Let us know what happens...
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered:#371367 New Members: click here

Just Joined!
    ok so heres the deal

i was really tired when i made this post i wasnt thinking straight O.O

so really i installed linux on my laptop which has an intel pro wireless 3945ABG nic (or so says windows) it works with windows xpas that driver (it is an intel wireless though)

so i cant find that driver in the list though, theres only 3 intel ones and i tried them in the list ( i did what was previously posted)

not sure what to do hmmmm!

Just Joined!
    i need to bump this thread imj not sure what to do

Linux Newbie
    Elive,kanotix-mini,pclinuxos super gamer,xp, sidux