Newb running '05 Mandriva (V.10.x I think) on Dell Lattitude CPx. Netgear WIFI card Wg511v2 and a Linksys Wireless-G broadband router. Loaded Winxp driver(WIN2000 came back as bad driver in ndiswrapper -l) per Sourceforge Wiki instructons with ndiswrapper 1.0. Loaded without errors and configured good (eg. AP, essid, mac address, IP all being read by card in iwconfig. and load verified in dmesg)Card is up and info is seen in WIRELESS TOOLS with 100% signal strenghth. Questions:

1. Card will not initialize on reboot. Wiki directions say "Mandrake 10.x uses /ect/modprobe.preload" to load driver at boot but then goes on to say "add line ndiswrapper to /etc/modules" What is this? Isn't /ect/module a different directory? Does ndiswrapper load in modules.preload/ from module/? this doesn't make sense. How do I get the card to boot? (RESOLVED)

2. I tried to ping the router and despite the fact that the card is "seeing" the router it comes back "destination unavailable". I checked settings in router and I think settings are good. why can't I ping the router if the card can see it? Also when I ping, it continues to reattempt to connect despite the error message. Is this a problem or is there an arguement I should be using to only ping once?

If you haven't figured out by now, I know JACK about what I'm doing here. I have read all the sourceforge, Wiki, and forums I can find which means I know just enough to be dangerous. I am still trying to get through Jean Tourrilhes stuff so please bear with me if you dare to help. ANy help would be greatly appreciated and thanks for your time in advance. (ALL ISSUES RESOLVED )