Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by namelessone If you want to know what kind of chipset your card has, just do a google search on the name of the card. but i need2 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Banned
    By my Gat and [modded] PSP listening to Gangsta Rap

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone
    If you want to know what kind of chipset your card has, just do a google search on the name of the card.
    but i need2 know b4 i buy...

Just Joined!
    Go to the stores web catalogue, or get a catalogue at the store. Search google for all the candidates. For example, to find information about the Intel 2200bg wireless NIC, search for "linux intel 2200bg". If there is a project working on a Linux driver, you should find their home page pretty quickly. You will probably also see forum discussions about the particular card. Have a look through those and it should tell you whether or not to buy that particular card.

For example, at this site: www.scorptec.com.au, I found the product "Asus WL-167G", which seems like what you're looking for. I searched google for "linux WL-167G", and the first result was a HOWTO.

Banned
    By my Gat and [modded] PSP listening to Gangsta Rap
    I heard of a thing that plugs into ethernet, its a wireless bridge, im supposed to give it the SSID and WEP key and plug itinto ethernet.

I hear I can plug it into my ethernet/wired down router.

Since my router has a built in config site 192.168,etc and I accessed that in DSL, why woulnt other sites work?? And since it worked in DSL, then it should work in uBuntu. Im gonna try it out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2