Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all, let me lay out the specifics 1st: Dell Inspiron E1705 Widescreen Laptop Intel CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz 1.05 GHz, .99 GB of RAM Mandriva Powerpack 2007 0c:00.0 Network ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Mandriva PP 2007 Wireless Problems

Hello all, let me lay out the specifics 1st:

Dell Inspiron E1705 Widescreen Laptop
    Intel CPU
    T2250 @ 1.73GHz
    1.05 GHz, .99 GB of RAM
    Mandriva Powerpack 2007
    0c:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corp Unknown device 4328 (rev 01)

Apparently the wireless card is not Linux supported. I downloaded ndiswrapper. I attempted to configure the wireless connection, it said I need firmware now. I downloaded bcm43xx-fwcutter. Now I'm stuck. I don't know how to load the firmware or any other steps needed in order to get this internet up and running.

Please help, I have been working on this for over 4 days now and am very frustrated. Best regards and thank you in advance,

Mark

Just Joined!
    Bump

Please help, my goal was to have this up and running by midnight. We have 2 hours and 31 minutes.

Mark

Just Joined!
    Bump - please help

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    Since you have not had any responses, I have a suggestion. If its an option, look for a wireless card that is supported by Linux. My card (Belkin F5D7010) uses rt2500 drivers which are included in most distros. If they are not, you can get them at serialmonkey. There is no need load the firmware separately, so it makes it easy to install the driver. There are other cards supported by Linux e.g. those that use the atheros chipset.

Linux Newbie

ndiswrapper

I had a similar problem - I simply loaded the windows drivers using ndiswrapper and was never asked for fwcutter again - wireless now works fine.