Find the answer to your Linux question:
i am having a hard time getting madwifi to work.. i was able to get madwifi extracted. i am having problems figuring out how to compile, build, & install the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

trouble with Madwifi, Ubuntu

i am having a hard time getting madwifi to work.. i was able to get madwifi extracted. i am having problems figuring out how to compile, build, & install the program. i have tried the normal commands such as: ./configure, make install, & etc. i have tried reading the help me/install text document but its not much help. has anymore experienced these same problems installing this file? can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Jeff B!

I would recommend using module-assistant. It is a program that builds and installs modules by itself (easier for you)
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

Quote Originally Posted by Vergil83
    I would recommend using module-assistant. It is a program that builds and installs modules by itself (easier for you)

where can i find it? Compiling, building, installing is one of the few things that
    are starting to be challenging. I am still having problems customizing my desktop & other various customization.
    Jeff B!

Code:
    sudo apt-get install module-assistant
    module-assistant
    When you run module assistant it will first make sure it has all the necessary files. If it doesn't have them, it will download them. You then choose what module you want to build. It will do the rest. Very nice (I use it to install madwifi on debian so it should work on ubuntu too)
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good