Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi i'm new to Linux and I donít understand how you install drivers to devices. I want to install my integrated wireless card on ubuntu I have the files but ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Integrated Wireless on Ubuntu

Hi i'm new to Linux and I donít understand how you install drivers to devices.
    I want to install my integrated wireless card on ubuntu I have the files but I donít understand how to install them can anyone help

Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

Just Joined!
    I have installed ubuntu and my wireless card has been detected but i cant connect to the Internet i have found my network and entered the key but every time i go on FireFox i cant connect to any web site

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    shen -
    We need to find out if the card is actually working or if it's the IPV6 setting in Firefox. What happens if you start Synaptic Package Manager? If you click on the reload button, does it find the repositories and give you a report on packages that are available for updating?
    What if you open Firefox and click on the Ubuntu Quick Link in the toolbar? Does it connect there?

What I'm getting at is this - is your wireless card not working at all? Is it failing to get you online in any way shape or form? Considering all the hassles with wireless that's my assumption. Or is it just a setting or two that we need to tweak?

have you gone to the Ubuntu Forums Wiki and looked up the Wireless How-to's?

Just Joined!
    i have a intel Pro/Wireless 3945 ABG (Centrino) i am having problems connecting with my key a4d73772c1 ive been told you need to space it out like this a4d7-3772-c1 for ubuntu but it still dont work any ideas

wpa/2 or wep?

Just Joined!
    I am using WPA/SPK

you need to install wpasupplicant
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WPAHowTo