Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi all, just got ubuntu 6.10 running and I'm trying to install a D-Link DWL-G132 H/W Ver:A2 F/W Ver:1.02. The device is recognized (sort of) in Device Manager, but it's ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

installing d-link wireless dongle

hi all, just got ubuntu 6.10 running and I'm trying to install a D-Link DWL-G132 H/W Ver:A2 F/W Ver:1.02. The device is recognized (sort of) in Device Manager, but it's not showing up when I look at the Networking window. I dont know where to start, so any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Read through the below thread. May find some useful information:
    Good Luck

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthre...-Link+DWL-G132

Just Joined!
    well unfortunately, i ended up attempting to manually install the latest version of ndiswrapper on the advice of some forum, somewhere, and then when I rebooted in either safe mode or regular, it would get to the network device configuration and just hang, so i had no choice but to reinstall an os, i chose opensuse for a change, but had equally bad luck installing my dongle there, and I've just tonight discovered that it wont boot because of a fatal kernel error of some kind even though i only used the supposedly "stable" version of ndiswrapper from the yast package manager.

the most frustrating part was that i got it to work twice on there, but despite attempting to run the boot config command for the ndiswrapper module, couldnt get the dongle to work after boot, and even after i had it working, couldnt manually restart the dongle using the same commands i used to get it working in the first place. i guess im just too much an amateur to try something as complex as installing a usb wireless dongle, so despite hours wasted on the task it looks like ill be reinstalling ubuntu and just giving up on the dongle -- maybe ill just drill a hole in the wall to keep the sucker connected...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close