Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've got an IBM ThinkPad with an Intel 2200BG, running Kubuntu 6.10. I can see lots of wireless networks, but I can't connect to any of them, even the unsecured ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Intel 2200BG: can see APs but no connect

I've got an IBM ThinkPad with an Intel 2200BG, running Kubuntu 6.10. I can see lots of wireless networks, but I can't connect to any of them, even the unsecured ones. I've read several threads on these forums, and I've installed the latest versions of ieee80211, ipw2200, hotplug, and the firmware, but it still doesn't work. Is there any way to determine what the problem is?

Just Joined!
    I have got it partially working. I don't actually think this is a problem with the hardware; I think it is more to do with how the DHCP offers are being thrown around. I got a packet capture using Ethereal, and it looks like the laptop wasn't accepting the DHCP offer. If I just run "dhclient eth1", I can often connect to a wireless network, although I can't choose which one. I'm sure this means it must be possible to connect to specific networks. But for now, this is good.