Find the answer to your Linux question:
Wonder if someone could help i have usb netgear wg111u adapter.It is installed with ndiswrapper when i start pc it freezes half way through boot just before the usb adapter ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question ndiswrapper problems

Wonder if someone could help i have usb netgear wg111u adapter.It is installed with ndiswrapper when i start pc it freezes half way through boot just before the usb adapter should start to work.I have to restart pc and then works fine usb adapter connects and works very well.The problem is it only works every second boot i am trying to get my son to use ubuntu but this small problem is annoying him.Anyone
    got any ideas thanks in advance.

tpl
    Linux User
    welcome to the forum

perhaps if you plugged the usb dongle in only after boot, that would help boot only once. From the symptom, it
    seems yr usb setup isn't quite right. When you do "lspci," what usb controller says it you have? Does "lsmod" report
    usbcore, and uhci_hcd or ehci_hcd?
    the sun is new every day (heraclitus)

Just Joined!

ndiswrapper problems

hi thanks fot quick response lspci says

00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 01)
    00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 01)
    00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 01)
    00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-M) USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 01)

And usbcore reports: "lsmod"

usbcore 134912 4 ndiswrapper,ehci_hcd,uhci_hcd

If i plug dongle in after boot it does not work at all

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close