Find the answer to your Linux question:
Even though i am a complete noob i have decided to repost my thread in this forum in hope to find the answer!! I have been trying to install the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

iburst installation difficulty on kubuntu edgy, SOS!

Even though i am a complete noob i have decided to repost my thread in this forum in hope to find the answer!!

I have been trying to install the PCMCIA IBdrivers and configure the PPPOE for a couple of days and i am still unsure if i am even on the right track cause i am not getting noticeable results. I have followed the instructions on the Iburst Howto and the IBDRIVER README which i can post but is very long!!

One error i am aware of is not finding the PCMCIA mentioned in STEP 5 of the HowTO using the commands.

Again, my knowledge of working the system is almost nil and so executing instructions from manuals, READMEs and HowTos ar not so breezy,

Any Help and direction is highly appreciated especially that once i have my connection up and running i am a step closer to letting go of Windoze. hurray!!

Many thanks!!

Just Joined!
    DONE

the instructions in the IBURST HOWTO should to the trick, for me it was just a matter of getting my noob ass to learn how to read documentation, persist and be patient....

LINUX RULES