Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm a complete Newbie with Linux. So far I have the ethernet card set up and I can connect fine to the internet with it when I plug the ethernet ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation Setting up my wireless router on openSuse 10.2

I'm a complete Newbie with Linux.

So far I have the ethernet card set up and I can connect fine to the internet with it when I plug the ethernet cable into it directly.

I'm trying to set up my Linux with the wireless router I use for my Windows Network set up. I have no idea how to go about this since I can't figure out what settings to tweak and prod to get my Linux OS to recognize my router.

I've tried getting to the routers web based IP configuration pages, but it won't let me. I can configure the wireless router from my laptop if that matters at all.

Any and all help appreciated!

Just Joined!
    Can no one help? How do I get the OS to detect my router?

Nowhere else in my house is being connected to the internet and everyone is getting on my case... For the sake of my sanity can someone PLEASE just guide me through figuring this out?

I've read other threads but they are all about wireless cards. My card isn't wireless, it's an ethernet and it hooks up to the router, so most of those threads don't apply to me.

I'm also looking on other sites for help, but very few talk about wireless routers as opposed to wireless cards.

Just Joined!
    nevermind i figured it out. thanks anyways!