Find the answer to your Linux question:
i am a complete beginner to linux! i have downloaded and installed pclinuxos and am now stuck! I am trying to connect to my wireless network and just cant do ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

wireless pclinuxos

i am a complete beginner to linux! i have downloaded and installed pclinuxos and am now stuck! I am trying to connect to my wireless network and just cant do it. i have a orange livebox router, and can either use a belkin f5d7050 usb wireless adapter or a belkin f5d7000 wireless card. i have tried using ndiswrapper and cant get that to work.
    Does anyone have any advice on either ndiswrapper, another program or any other distrubution that might make this easier???????

Linux Newbie
    Without knowing why ndiswrapper doesn't work for you there's not much help to be got but look at this excellent resource http://www.pclinuxonline.com/wiki/WireLess . Main thing to know is what chipset you have and what *.inf you are using. What have you tried with ndiswrapper? Does ndiswrapper -l list driver and hardware present? Do you have all the driver files in one location, ie: the *.inf *.sys *.bin that come with the windows driver.
    Elive,kanotix-mini,pclinuxos super gamer,xp, sidux