Find the answer to your Linux question:
okay now i tried installing ndiswrapper 1.37 by unpacking it. running 'make', then 'make install', then checking to see if it all worked fine by typing 'ndiswrapper'. All was fine. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation ndiswrapper probelms [WMP54GS|SuSE10.2]

okay now i tried installing ndiswrapper 1.37 by unpacking it. running 'make', then 'make install', then checking to see if it all worked fine by typing 'ndiswrapper'.
    All was fine. Then i installed the driver using (what i think was) a corrupt INF file. when i typed 'iwlist' or something along the lines of that I only got my ethernet controllers. i checked with 'dmesg' and found that it had trouble starting my wlan controller.

So I read around some more and came upon a post where the guy was installing my card (WMP54GS).
    by following his instructions I should have downloaded ndiswrapper 0.11 or ndiswrapper 0.12. I confirmed this fact by checking the ndiswrapper wiki where they explicitly told me to use that older version of ndiswrapper.

So I got ndis 0.12, went in SUSE, ran 'make uninstall' twice, then installed ndis 0.12 like I installed 1.37 previously. Only thing is, this time after running both the make and make install commands I got something ALONG THE LINES OF
    Code:
    make[5]: *** [/home/aemkmmg/ndiswrapper-0.12/driver/ntoskernel.o] Error 1
    make[4]: *** [_module_/home/aemkmmg/ndiswrapper-0.12/driver] Error 2
    make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.8.1-3-386'
    make[3]: *** [default] Error 2
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/aemkmmg/ndiswrapper-0.12/driver'
    make[2]: *** [build-modules] Error 2
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/aemkmmg/ndiswrapper-0.12'
    make[1]: *** [binary] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/aemkmmg/ndiswrapper-0.12'
    make: *** [deb] Error 2
    **PLZ NOTE THE ABOVE IS TAKEN FROM AN UBUNTU FORUM POST, IM IN WINBLOW$ NOW SO I CANT ACCESS THE LOG FILES BUT THAT IS SIMILAR TO WHAT I RECEIVED**

if you need the actual log file I can post that later

I kept getting that [Error 2]. WTF is [Error 2]? I searched everywhere and couldn't find a single trace as to what that meant?

also when I ran the command 'ndiswrapper' it kept telling me how it is not found as an application or file, so i knew it didnt install

Anyone know how to fix this?
    'make uninstall' dosn't work with the older versions of ndis so I couldn't really do anything except re-extract and run 'make install' again after I got that error. So now things might be really FKed up.

Should I try to install ndis 0.11 instead? perhaps that will work?

Help is much appreciated, thanks

--=I USED THE FOLLOWING TUTORIAL IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE ONE ATTACHED TO THIS POST=--
    Attached Files Attached Files