Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Exclamation ndiswrapper probelms [WMP54GS|SuSE10.2]

okay now i tried installing ndiswrapper 1.37 by unpacking it. running 'make', then 'make install', then checking to see if it all worked fine by typing 'ndiswrapper'.
    All was fine. Then i installed the driver using (what i think was) a corrupt INF file. when i typed 'iwlist' or something along the lines of that I only got my ethernet controllers. i checked with 'dmesg' and found that it had trouble starting my wlan controller.

So I read around some more and came upon a post where the guy was installing my card (WMP54GS).
    by following his instructions I should have downloaded ndiswrapper 0.11 or ndiswrapper 0.12. I confirmed this fact by checking the ndiswrapper wiki where they explicitly told me to use that older version of ndiswrapper.

So I got ndis 0.12, went in SUSE, ran 'make uninstall' twice, then installed ndis 0.12 like I installed 1.37 previously. Only thing is, this time after running both the make and make install commands I got something ALONG THE LINES OF
    Code:
    make[5]: *** [/home/aemkmmg/ndiswrapper-0.12/driver/ntoskernel.o] Error 1
    make[4]: *** [_module_/home/aemkmmg/ndiswrapper-0.12/driver] Error 2
    make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.8.1-3-386'
    make[3]: *** [default] Error 2
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/aemkmmg/ndiswrapper-0.12/driver'
    make[2]: *** [build-modules] Error 2
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/aemkmmg/ndiswrapper-0.12'
    make[1]: *** [binary] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/aemkmmg/ndiswrapper-0.12'
    make: *** [deb] Error 2
    **PLZ NOTE THE ABOVE IS TAKEN FROM AN UBUNTU FORUM POST, IM IN WINBLOW$ NOW SO I CANT ACCESS THE LOG FILES BUT THAT IS SIMILAR TO WHAT I RECEIVED**

if you need the actual log file I can post that later

I kept getting that [Error 2]. WTF is [Error 2]? I searched everywhere and couldn't find a single trace as to what that meant?

also when I ran the command 'ndiswrapper' it kept telling me how it is not found as an application or file, so i knew it didnt install

Anyone know how to fix this?
    'make uninstall' dosn't work with the older versions of ndis so I couldn't really do anything except re-extract and run 'make install' again after I got that error. So now things might be really FKed up.

Should I try to install ndis 0.11 instead? perhaps that will work?

Help is much appreciated, thanks

--=I USED THE FOLLOWING TUTORIAL IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE ONE ATTACHED TO THIS POST=--
    Attached Files Attached Files