Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello Hello, I'm a newbie with linux, but i though i give it a try, so i downloaded Whoppix 2.7.1. I turned my notebook on: Dell Precision M90 Wireless: Intel® ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Please help, totaly nebiew :$ (Whoppix Wireless Problem?)

Hello Hello,

I'm a newbie with linux, but i though i give it a try, so i downloaded Whoppix 2.7.1.
    I turned my notebook on:

Dell Precision M90
    Wireless: Intel® Pro/Wireless 3945 802.11a/g dual band-minikaart

Everthing goes well but my wireless network card doesn't seen to be found..

So i hope you guys can help me out? If there is a way to let it work with Whoppix? I also tryed Knoppix but i had the same problem there. I prefer Whoppx so if there is a way please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
    Greetz to all!

I have deleted your post in the Knoppix forum. Please do not post the same question more than once. It makes it more difficult for us to help you if our efforts are split among duplicate threads.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Sorry i didn't know where to post it..
    Still hope someone can help me but it's no fun if Wireless doesn't work! haha

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by zero1
    Hello Hello,

I'm a newbie with linux, but i though i give it a try, so i downloaded Whoppix 2.7.1.
    I turned my notebook on:

Dell Precision M90
    Wireless: Intel® Pro/Wireless 3945 802.11a/g dual band-minikaart

Everthing goes well but my wireless network card doesn't seen to be found..

So i hope you guys can help me out? If there is a way to let it work with Whoppix? I also tryed Knoppix but i had the same problem there. I prefer Whoppx so if there is a way please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
    Greetz to all!
    If you're a newbie, I suggest you start with a much easier distro - choose PCLinuxOS.

http://www.pclinuxos.com

The PCLinuxOS forum is also excellent and very busy. Then go and buy yourself a wireless card which is very Linux-friendly, such as the LinkSys WPC55AG - PCLinux and Vectorlinux both have built-in support for this LinkSys card, which uses the Atheros chipset. Often with Linux you will need to buy hardware which is proven to be Linux-friendly - it is a thousand times easier and quicker. When I bought my laptop I did huge research to find one which runs perfectly with Linux.

The WPC55AG is usually available on eBay.

For your Linux desktop, choose the LinkSys WMP55AG ("sister" PCI adapter which uses the same Atheros chipset)...

Just Joined!
    Is it also possible to install linux on my notebook, and then to install the programs that are in Whoppix or Noppix on that installed version on my notebook?

If it can, what is the easyiest Version of Linux if you are a NewBie?

Thanks in advance!