Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: Have you got this adaptor to work yet?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 33.33%
  • No

3 33.33%
  • Almost

3 33.33%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been here in ages...guess what? I have shifted everything from Windoze Vista to Ubuntu 7.10 and when I say everything I mean everything. The reason ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been here in ages...guess what? I have shifted everything from Windoze Vista to Ubuntu 7.10 and when I say everything I mean everything. The reason being, Windows Vista chocked and died on activation (hehe) and lost 240gb worth of information including notes for school. I was not impressed so I shreaded my Vista disk, got a friend to download ubuntu and post it to me and have lived happily ever after.

BTW, if you are looking for a PCI card for wireless I recently bought this Find 11g Desktop PC Wireless WIFI PCI Network Adapter Card A on eBay within Accessories Parts Components, Wireless Networking, Networking, Computing (end time 21-Sep-07 12:49:00 BST)

It works out of the box and I haven't had to worry about it =)

Keep me posted on how things are going for all you guys, especially Martin

Tim
    Finished building PC using PC Pro's A-List! Will add specs soon =)

Just Joined!
    This is a brilliant thread. Its helped me understand everything a whole lot more, once i sort out my drives im going to get many linux partitions installed and have a play. 500gb to use up. lol.
    anyway, i think this thread should be pinned, itsa real credit to the site showing co-operation between members and will also help many people as this belkin usb driver seems popular.

Linux Newbie
    I think I can say thank you on behalf of everyone who has posted for such nice comments =) That was it is all about though, and it is why I love linux. The whole spirit of people wanting to help others, teaming together and joining forces.

For instance, I actually have become very good friends with Graham Armstrong on these forums and we are setting up a site dedicated to linux Index of / Everyone is welcome to put in ideas for what they would like to see on it =)

Keep in touch!

Tim

P.s. Martin, I think thre is around 300mb of RAM on the laptop but I am currently trying to get my Dad to see the errors of his ways and leave the ship that is on fire and come into the light :P

Linux Newbie
    Nakira, take a google for innotek virtualbox and get that installed. It allows you to run almost any operating system on linux Try not to use the repositories as they willg ive you an Open Source Edition which lacks some features compared to the normal one off their website.

Tim

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim_Wright View Post
    Nakira, take a google for innotek virtualbox and get that installed. It allows you to run almost any operating system on linux Try not to use the repositories as they willg ive you an Open Source Edition which lacks some features compared to the normal one off their website.

Tim
    I will do when i get my external HD sorted. I have some sort of issue with that now.
    Thanks.

Hi Tim, 300 RAM won't cut it for LinuxMint Celena, 512 is the minimum. I'm running 768 and it's grand on that, haven't looked back since I got Celena, downloaded fast too on Bittorrent, just over 3 hours for 690-odd MB ISO. Highly recommended as a laptop-friendly distro

Martin
    LINUX: Where do you want to go.......Tomorrow!

Registered Linux user 396633

Linux Newbie
    Hmm, I'll pester my dad to upgrade the memory or just go and buy a new one :P

One thing I have noticed with Linux is the BitTorrent speeds. I'm not talking about a little increase, I' talking speeds big enough to make me think something was wrong. USually it takes a good 2 mins for Azureus under Windows to start moving data but using Deluge it was pretty much instant! Gosh, I love linux!

Do you experience program instability with compiz? Innotek Virtubox crashes occassionally and sometimes windows move themselves to the extremes of my screen, so that I can't pull them back down :@(

Tim

I'm not familiar with either of those, I'm actually cutting down on the number of distros I'm running as it had gotten a bit silly, at one point I had 6 installed on one machine but I suppose that's how you 'test-drive' a distro. These days I use Kanotix on the PC and LinuxMint on the laptop, for some things I still have to use XP as not everything yet works in Linux but maybe some day....

For BitTorrents I usually use K-Torrent as it's pretty reliable.

Martin
    LINUX: Where do you want to go.......Tomorrow!

Registered Linux user 396633

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11