Find the answer to your Linux question:
I used ndiswrapper to install the drivers for my dell 1300 truemobile usb wireless adapter. Ndiswrapper, as well as the computer now sees the hardware. System Settings (in Kubuntu) says ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

how do i config my wireless network?

I used ndiswrapper to install the drivers for my dell 1300 truemobile usb wireless adapter. Ndiswrapper, as well as the computer now sees the hardware.
    System Settings (in Kubuntu) says the adapter is enabled, and has a picture with 2 exclamation points on the left of the row.
    When I open the wireless LAN manager thing, it show no detected networks.
    Is there something I need to do to finish setting it up?

Try this

modprobe ndiswrapper
    ifconfig wlan0 up ----------------> replace wlan0 with the device shown on iwconfig
    iwlist wlan0 scan

Do you see any available network?
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Pablo
    Try this

modprobe ndiswrapper
    ifconfig wlan0 up ----------------> replace wlan0 with the device shown on iwconfig
    iwlist wlan0 scan

Do you see any available network?
    No.

modprobe ndiswrapper says the following:
    Error inserting ndiswrapper (/lib/modules/2.6.17-10-generic/kernel/drivers/net/ndiswrapper/ndiswrapper.ko): Invalid Argument

The steps after that "work" but the scan step still detects no network.The name in place of "wlan0" on my computer is eth2 if that makes any difference, maybe because its seeing it as ethernet?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Did you install ndiswrapper again or used the version shipped with Kubuntu ?
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

I installed ndiswrapper again with Adept - and the GUI interface package as well.
    But I don't use the GUI interface much, it wouldn't install .inf files, I had to use the terminal, which worked