Find the answer to your Linux question:
New to linux so i've been unraring my .exes on my windows box and putting them on a flash drive. using drivers from http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...s=2093&lang=en Code: ndiswrapper -v returns Code: utils ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

couldn't prepare driver 'bcmwl6'

New to linux so i've been unraring my .exes on my windows box and putting them on a flash drive.

using drivers from http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...s=2093&lang=en

Code:
    ndiswrapper -v
    returns

Code:
    utils version: 1.9
    driver version:        1.42
    vermagic:       2.6.18-4-amd64 SMP mod_unload gcc-4.1

Steps i've taken.

Downloaded the exe from link listed above. Unrared on a windows box. Put them on my flash drive and transfered them to my linux box.

Code:
    ndiswrapper -i bcmwl6.inf
    Code:
    ndiswrapper -l
    bcmwl6 : driver installed
    device (14E4:4311) present
    depmod -a
    modprobe ndiswrapper
    dmesg returns

Code:
    ndiswrapper version 1.42 loaded (smp=yes)
    ndiswrapper (import:245): unknown symbol: NDIS.SYS:'NdisMSetBusData'
    ndiswrapper (import:245): unknown symbol: NDIS.SYS:'NdisAllocateMdl'
    ndiswrapper (import:245): unknown symbol: NDIS.SYS:'NdisFreeMdl'
    ndiswrapper (import:245): unknown symbol: NDIS.SYS:'NdisFreeNetBufferList'
    ndiswrapper (import:245): unknown symbol: NDIS.SYS:'NdisAllocateNetBufferAndNetBufferList'
    ndiswrapper (import:245): unknown symbol: NDIS.SYS:'NdisMOidRequestComplete'
    ndiswrapper (import:245): unknown symbol: NDIS.SYS:'NdisMDeregisterInterruptEx'
    ndiswrapper (import:245): unknown symbol: NDIS.SYS:'NdisAllocateMemoryWithTagPriority'
    ndiswrapper (import:245): unknown symbol: NDIS.SYS:'NdisMSendNetBufferListsComplete'
    ndiswrapper (import:245): unknown symbol: NDIS.SYS:'NdisAllocateIoWorkItem'
    ndiswrapper (import:245): unknown symbol: NDIS.SYS:'NdisMRegisterInterruptEx'
    ndiswrapper (import:245): unknown symbol: NDIS.SYS:'NdisOpenConfigurationEx'
    ndiswrapper (import:245): unknown symbol: NDIS.SYS:'NdisMIndicateReceiveNetBufferLists'
    ndiswrapper (import:245): unknown symbol: NDIS.SYS:'NdisQueueIoWorkItem'
    ndiswrapper (import:245): unknown symbol: NDIS.SYS:'NdisFreeNetBufferListPool'
    ndiswrapper (import:245): unknown symbol: NDIS.SYS:'NdisMGetBusData'
    ndiswrapper (import:245): unknown symbol: NDIS.SYS:'NdisMSetMiniportAttributes'
    ndiswrapper (import:245): unknown symbol: NDIS.SYS:'NdisMRegisterMiniportDriver'ndiswrapper (import:245): unknown symbol: NDIS.SYS:'NdisAllocateNetBufferListPool'
    ndiswrapper (import:245): unknown symbol: NDIS.SYS:'NdisMIndicateStatusEx'
    ndiswrapper (import:245): unknown symbol: NDIS.SYS:'NdisFreeIoWorkItem'
    ndiswrapper (import:245): unknown symbol: NDIS.SYS:'NdisMSynchronizeWithInterruptEx'
    ndiswrapper (import:245): unknown symbol: NDIS.SYS:'NdisMDeregisterScatterGatherDma'
    ndiswrapper (import:245): unknown symbol: NDIS.SYS:'NdisMRegisterScatterGatherDma'
    ndiswrapper (import:245): unknown symbol: NDIS.SYS:'NdisMDeregisterMiniportDriver'
    ndiswrapper (load_sys_files:216): couldn't prepare driver 'bcmwl6'
    ndiswrapper (load_wrap_driver:118): couldn't load driver bcmwl6; check system log for messages from 'loadndisdriver'
    usbcore: registered new driver ndiswrapper
    Any help would be appreciated. I'm using amd64 version of debian. I think these are the 64 bit drivers. I've also heard people getting them to work with my card. Broadcome Dell 1390 mini pci card.

I've also added "blacklist bcmw43xx" to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist

Have you blacklisted the kernel broadcom driver? You will get a conflict if you don't. Check the contents of /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist

Just Joined!
    I did... I posted that.

Are you using XP or Vista drivers?
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Monestri
    New to linux so i've been unraring my .exes on my windows box and putting them on a flash drive.

using drivers from http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...s=2093&lang=en
    I doubt those Vista drivers will work. Use the XP ones instead, as Juan Pablo suggested.

XP drivers:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...os=228&lang=en
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Monestri
    I did... I posted that.
    Apologies I missed that. I got the same error before with both drivers running. Have you rebooted since you blacklisted the driver or manually removed the kernel broadcom driver?
    Code:
    lsmod |grep -i bcm
    That aside I would agree with antidrugue and Juan Pablo on using the XP or earlier versions of the drivers.

Just Joined!
    problem solved. Vista drivers won't work with ndiswrapper i guess. I didn't know there was a difference between windows and vista.. just thought it was 64bit and 32bit. When i googled bcmwl6.inf i found a couple ppl who said it worked but i'm not sure how.

anyway if anyone needs drivers for this card they're in the wiki list for both 32 and 64 just look carefully.

Just Joined!

Driver location

Hi,

I am having the exact same problems with my HP dv6263eu but I cannot find any XP drivers?

Could you post the url to these, please.

Thanks
    J

Just Joined!
    Forgot where I got my drivers from. you're looking for sp33008.exe. Try your manufact website. HP and Dell websites offer drivers for most of their hardware. I have an HP but found my driver on the Dell drvier website. Make sre you get the x64 drivers if you have a 64 bit system and x32 if you have a 32 bit system.

You can find them in the appropriate section of the HP support site:
    Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver*HP Pavilion dv9010us Notebook PC
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee