Find the answer to your Linux question:
im new to linux here, im using vmware to boot my ubuntu. when the first time i boot the ubuntu dapper drake which i just installed it, i try to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

browser cant display page

im new to linux here, im using vmware to boot my ubuntu. when the first time i boot the ubuntu dapper drake which i just installed it, i try to connected to the internet with local area LAN cable. first, i used firefox to search some page, i want to know is it really connected to internet or not, it's work, the firefox able to displayed the page. next, got a update button appear next to the time and date conner. then i try to click it, got a set of packages, about 127 packages in the list. well, i download and install it. it took few moment to download and install. when after everything done, i try to search a page with firefox again, but suddenly not working, even i rebooted few times. i had use terminal to ping the site,it is running. few hundreds ms, and it still able to download and install packages from the Add/Remove packages list. i had try to download and install some other browser, but it's still not working. may anyone help me please. thank

It sounds like something got overwritten during the update. Maybe you need to check your /etc/resolv.conf file and make sure your nameservers are setup.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.