Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm trying to get my wireless to work but I'm not really sure how to work with Slackware and wireless configuration. I have recompiled my kernel to 2.6.21.1, however I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Acer 5100-3357

I'm trying to get my wireless to work but I'm not really sure how to work with Slackware and wireless configuration. I have recompiled my kernel to 2.6.21.1, however I can't get ndiswrapper to work. It gives me an error something write 256 to 42.

Anyway, upon running lspci, I get this:
    06:02.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5005G 802.11abg NIC (rev 01)

Does ndiswrapper not support the aforementioned card?

Just Joined!

RE: Acer 5100-3357

How much do you need to use ndiswrapper? Since it is an atheros chipset, I would actually recommend MadWifi, since there seems to be more support for using MadWifi and Atheros chipsets for Linux. According to the Compatibility chart (Compatibility/Atheros - MadWifi - Trac) you should be able to install MadWifi without many problems... Can you also send the error that you got when you tried to run ndiswrapper?

Just Joined!
    I reinstalled Slackware and recompiled my kernel up to 2.6.21.1 for some drivers and attempted to use Madwifi. I get this error:

Checking requirements... ok.
    Checking kernel configuration... FAILED
    Please enable crypto API.
    make: *** [configcheck] Error 1

njc
    Just Joined!

Linuxant.com

Quote Originally Posted by chaotixmonjuish View Post
    I'm trying to get my wireless to work but I'm not really sure how to work with Slackware and wireless configuration. I have recompiled my kernel to 2.6.21.1, however I can't get ndiswrapper to work. It gives me an error something write 256 to 42.

Anyway, upon running lspci, I get this:
    06:02.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5005G 802.11abg NIC (rev 01)

Does ndiswrapper not support the aforementioned card?
    Hello,

I am using Fedora Core 8 64bit and use Linuxant.com to install drivers to get the wireless to work. I used the x86 drivers I downloaded from Acer and it works very good. Connection is fast and it has not locked up the machine yet. I used Fedora 7 and had problems before locking it up. So far solid performance on Fedora 8. Linuxant should also work with Slackware. If you need help getting the drivers. I can zip up the drivers I used and place them on my website.

nathan