Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi im new to linux and need help setting up my netgear wg511v2 on my laptop. I have already installed ndiswrapper. The problem is when i load the drivers an ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Netgear wg511v2 on suse 10.2

Hi im new to linux and need help setting up my netgear wg511v2 on my laptop. I have already installed ndiswrapper. The problem is when i load the drivers an check them it shows invalid driver.

I have the orignal netgear cd with the drivers on it and just rick clicked an copied the .sys and .inf files to home. Is that now how i am suppose to do it? This really has me baffled any help will be appreciated. Sorry i am new to linux and thanks for any help.

post the output of ndiswrapper -l
    Are you installing the *.inf?
    Linux is like a Teepee, No Windows, No Gates, Only Apache Inside!
    Arch Linux
    Linux user #442041

Just Joined!
    Well i have successfully got the card up and running. The green light is flashing now lol. My problem is how do I get it to connect to my wireless network. I put in the correct ESSID name and WEP key, but still it wont connect. I have used one of the WLAN sniffers and can see all of the available networks but cant connect. What can i do? Thanks

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Make sure you type the correct key(hex,ascii)
    Linux is like a Teepee, No Windows, No Gates, Only Apache Inside!
    Arch Linux
    Linux user #442041

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by valemon View Post
    Make sure you type the correct key(hex,ascii)
    I did it was a passphrase i think.

Just Joined!
    Well still no luck i have been working on this piece of **** for some time now. Anyone got any ideas on whats wrong?

When I try to log on use the supplied network manager it acts like its logging on and then just stops. It shows available networks so its working it just wont connect to any network. I even tried some without security and still nothing. I have also done as root iwconfig wlan0 ESSID my essid. Then iwconfig wlan0 ket restricted my key. When i do this from the terminal the connection light stops flashing and is solid. The problem is my network manager still says offline and i cant access the internet. WTF is going anyone have any advice i have tried just about everything.

(as root) # dhclient wlan0

Graham - You'd better Use Linux!

I'm registerd Linux user #397030. What about you?