Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a compaq v2000 with a Broadcom bcm4318 b/g wireless card. At first I tried using the native bcm43xx drivers and bcm43xx-fwcutter but I couldn't get anything. Then I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

BCM4318 with Ubuntu Feisty

I have a compaq v2000 with a Broadcom bcm4318 b/g wireless card. At first I tried using the native bcm43xx drivers and bcm43xx-fwcutter but I couldn't get anything. Then I reinstalled the whole OS and tried using ndiswrapper. I managed to get yo work with niswrapper but I can only connect if I use a static IP. My router is a Linksys WRT150N a/b/g/n set up on DHCP. Any ideas what it could be?

I have a very similar setup, are you running dhclient wlan0 after you've entered your information?
    Graham - You'd better Use Linux!

I'm registerd Linux user #397030. What about you?

Nope, I didn't know that. had to run it as sudo and eth1 cause wlan0 is not my interface for wireless I don't know why but it worked perfectly thx a million. Do I have to do this everytime I boot up or is there anyway of putting it to start automatically?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Should be though I don't use Gnome Ubuntu so I couldn't tell you any GUI stuff but there should be network tools or something to iwconfig and dhcp all that stuff anyway.

BTW would you please post the output of iwconfig though they may want to blank ESSIDS and keys
    Graham - You'd better Use Linux!

I'm registerd Linux user #397030. What about you?

iwconfig:
    Code:
    lo          no wireless extensions

eth0        no wireless extensions

eth1          IEEE 802.11g   ESSID:"XXXXX"
                    Mode:Managed   Frequency: 2.412GHz   Access Point: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
                    Bit Rate=54 Mb/s    Tx-Power:25dbm
                    RTS thr=2347 B    Fragment thr=2346 B
                    Power Management:off
                    Link Quality:79/100   Signal level:-45 dbm   Noise level:-96 dbmpt
                    Rx invalid nwid:0   Rx invalid crypt:0   Rx invalid crypt:0   Rx invalid frag:0
                    Tx excessive retries:0   Invalid misc:0   Missed beacon:0

Just Joined!
    Here comes the ultimate solution to deal with this problem ... Just kidding ... Please visit the following ... The steps are straight forward and worked well for me ... Hope you also can advantage ...

www.tecpages.com Blog Archive Installing and configuring bcm4318 (broadcom) driver using ndiswrapper

Thanks