Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm looking to buy one but I'm not sure which ones are compatible....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

wireless usb adapter for ubuntu

I'm looking to buy one but I'm not sure which ones are compatible.

I have been using wg111v2 netgear usb for my Kubuntu setup. It worked out of the box. I'm not sure if it works on Ubuntu. Also, I've been having some odd problems as of late. A lot of members have been. I've been communicating with them, too.

I'm thinking it could be the router or perhaps the USB itself. I'm intermittently looking into it; I solved one problem last night. It basically surfed the web, but I had problems logging into websites and communicating with people on forums. I figure there is some kind of problem, but it will take me time until I figure it out.

Other than that, it worked pretty well. I assume if a person wanted to, he or she could use VNC and leave a computer, which is connected to a ethernet, and connect to that computer in order to do further websurfing.

Other than that, you might want to look into the hardware compatability list (HCL) of Ubuntu.

==later edit==

Now, if you do enough searching on the web, you might find some stuff.
    Everything I've found has been pretty much discontinued. I don't know why, though.
    I'm figuring it might be some type of economic conflict, but I'm not sure.
    Either way, I'm sure you could find the devices which work under Linux from ebay or a local computer shop.

I'm good friends with people who own their own computer shops and businesses. They like being assigned work, because it keeps them in business. Maybe you could ask them to find you one or see if they have something.

Another good idea is to ask people what wireless USBs they got working with ndiswrapper. Try checking forums to see what ones worked with ndiswrapper. Try mimicking the methods for good results.