Wireless conection not working
Sorry for take part of your time, but i have a problem and nothing I have tried so far seems to work, so I hope somebody here could help me.
The situation is that I can't make the wireless connection of a laptop work. The card is a Realtek 8187se, I'm using Gentoo and wpa_supplicant.
8187SE from the staging drivers section in kernel.
No errors reported
config_wlan0=( "192.168.0.145 broadcast 192.168.0.255 netmask 255.255.255.0" )
routes_wlan0=( "default via 192.168.0.1" )
modules_wlan0=( "!iwconfig wpa_supplicant" )
I have tried many variations and combinations, but none seem to work, some of the last things i have tried are:
- modules_wlan0=( "!iwconfig wpa_supplicant" ) without !iwconfig. Then no ip was assigned to the wlan, even using dhcpcd.
- Using dhcp in /etc/conf.d/net
- changing proto=RSN to WPA to use version 1 of the protocol or WPA2
- setting auth_alg to OPEN and to SHARED in wpa_supplicant.conf
- using wpa_supplicant -c /etc/... -Dwext -iwlan0. The only message was that the interface was connected to the mac address of the router.
With all the tests i have done, I can see in the router that something is trying to connect, but the ipaddress is always 0.0.0.0.